"Emiliano Benevides leads the percussion cause"
- The Beat Magazine Volume 20 No.5
"...Partly because bat also means "to beat," perfect for a band with such a powerful rhythmic foundation. Percussionist-singer Emiliano Benevides provides that pulse..."-
- East Bay Express February 11, 2004
"...Percussionist Emiliano Benevides, four kit drummers, and other skin slappers make this a joyful listening experience..."
- Modern Drummer March 2004
Emiliano has a lot to share with percussion, music, and performing arts enthusiasts.
Possessing boundless energy and drive, Emiliano seems to be both electric and heat-infused.
This Brazilian multi-percussionist has performed extensively in Europe, Asia, North, and South America with many artists including RIPE and Bat Makumba (his own projects), Velha Guarda da Mangueira, Margareth Menezes, George Whitsell (Neil Young & Crazy Horse), Spanish top 90s band 'Amistades Peligrosas', Brazilian Legend Emilinha Borba, Alessandra Belloni, Josimar Monteiro, The Mutaytor, Brazil Beat Sound System, Orixa,
Carlos Oliveira Quintet, Mary Ellen Donald, Jacqui Naylor, Irene Shams, Joe Crepusculo, Sandra Bernardo and Alexa Weber Morales. He has also shared stages around the world with names like Jimmy Cliff, Oscar D'Leon, Pink Martini, Dave Brubeck, Boz Scaggs, Kinky, and Brazilian Megastars Titãs, Daniela Mercury, and O Rappa.
He has performed with the Estação Primeira de Mangueira, União da Ilha do Governador and Estácio de Sá Samba Schools during Carnival in Rio de Janeiro.
He has played percussion in multiple music events such as the Russian River Jazz Festival, the San Francisco Symphony, Exotic Erotic Ball, Monterey Jazz Festival, and the San Francisco Carnival Ball. He also participated in the 1st meeting of teachers in "Drum Circle and Health Benefits" with Arthur Hull, Kalani, Paulo Mattioli among others in REMO Recreational Music Center in North Hollywood, California.
Other projects he has done include:
• Performing on the soundtrack of the documentary "Oscar Niemeyer, un Architecte Engagé Dans le Siécle" in Belgium. It was produced in France (TV Channel Arte), Belgium and Brazil.
• He also was part of the first Frame Drum Group CD compilation with one of his compositions.
• Translating and producing the vocals in Portuguese for 6 cartoons produced by Golden Films and broadcast by Cartoon Network Brasil.
• Translating the book ‘Fun with Bongos’ by expert Trevor Salloum into Portuguese for Mel Bay Publications.
• In 2006 he contributed a percussion solo to the Global Internet Collaboration multi-media project by Christopher Hedge and the Magnetic Poets broadcast at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin.
• As a composer and arranger he has co-produced 3 CDs with his bands RIPE and BAT MAKUMBA and is currently producing a CD with his band Percuta CarneVale.
Currently, he is living in Switzerland and working with the Power Funk band, Custard Pie in France, among others projects.
Emiliano has won the SF WEEKLY MUSIC AWARD for Best World Music in the Bay Area and the CALIFORNIA MUSIC AWARD for Outstanding Latin Alternative Album with his band Bat Makumba.
| WhatsApp |
+41 79 354 07 12